The co -owner of Manchester United, Sir Jim Ratcliffe, has openly questioned the obligations of a number of current players and explained that they are “not good enough” and “overpaid” while others have “inherited” and addressed their situations.
The boss of the billionaire Ineos made comprehensive changes in Old Trafford and released Erik Ten HAG as a manager after he initially handed him an extension of the contract before he knew hundreds of jobs in the club to reduce the costs.
A number of decisions by Ratcliffe and its partners have proven to be unpopular, but he always claimed that United, to start the challenge for the honors again, has to completely revise the way in which they work and do business.
Ratcliffe, a lifelong fan of Manchester United, took part in a far -reaching number of interviews on Monday BBC Sport among other things. In this conversation he detailed a number of mistakes that were made on the transfer market, and claimed that it was now his responsibility to eliminate the mistakes of those who came before him.
Interestingly, he advocated naming five United players when he discussed erroneous transfers, three of whom are currently still playing for the club.
He said: “If you look at the players we buy this summer, we don’t buy Antony, we buy casemiro, we buy melund, we buy sancho. These are all from the past, whether we like it or not, we have inherited these things and have to sort out.
“For Sancho, who is now playing for Chelsea and we pay half of his wages, we pay £ 17 million to buy it in summer.
“Some are not good enough and some are probably overpaid, but it is time for us to form the squad for which we are fully responsible and for which we are responsible,” continued Ratcliffe.
“We have this time of the transformation in which we switch from the past to the future. As we know, there are some great players in the squad, the captain is a fabulous footballer. We definitely need Bruno, he is a fantastic footballer.”
The decision to make a number of employees superfluous to erase free lunch for the remaining employees and increase ticket prices in the middle of the season for U16 and seniors has attracted widespread criticism in recent months.
Ratcliffe said he did not like to make such changes because he knew what effects the feeling of the club in the community would have, but guaranteed that they were necessary to survive United.
The 72-year-old went so far that United had no money until Christmas if they hadn’t changed the course-a damn charges against the losses that the association made despite its enormous sales.
“Manchester United would have had cash until the end of this year – until the end of 2025 – after I had entered $ 300 million (232.72 million GBP) and if we didn’t buy any new players in summer,” he said.
“We are currently in the change process and it is an unpleasant time and annoying and I feel sympathy with the fans. The simple answer is that the club has no more money for Christmas if we don’t.
“If you spend more than you earn, this is the way to ruin.”
“Nowadays I don’t like much fun to read the newspaper, I have to say,” he added. “I know that it is unpopular, and this time of change is uncomfortable for humans, and some of the decisions we have to make are uncomfortable. But they are necessary to get Manchester United up to a stable stand. If people want to see Manchester United again, we have all the stuff.
“I realize that I am currently unpopular – but I am ready to be and I can deal with that I am unpopular for a certain period of time because I think what we do is the right one.
“Manchester United came from the rails – we have to put it back on our rails, and I think what we do will put it back on the rails and we will end where Liverpool or Real Madrid will be in the future today.
“If this gets difficult people, people have to show a bit of resilience, a little grit – not Wilt – and come on the other side, and we will do that.”